Age of Learners: 5-6
New language: sad, happy, angry, sleepy
Language: A: How do you feel? A: Are you sad?
B: I’m happy. B: Yes, I am./ No, I’m not.
Materials: ball, puppet,flashcards, song,a puppet,movable face chart,soapboxes or bottles, facial parts (eyes,nose,mouth,etc.)
In this part, we get ss’ attention with a short activity which we revise some questions and answers we use in daily life. This part will be in the beginning of the every lesson.
-throw the ball to a student and ask a simple question like “ How are you?”
– repeat this several times with different students.
All the question types can be used in this part.
Questions that you can ask:
How are you?
Whats your name?
How old are you?
What’s the weather like today?
What’s the date today?
For this FEELINGS COURSE PLAN , we choose “IF YOU’RE HAPPY” SONG from SuperSimple
You can find the song’s lyrics below;
· put feelings flashcards in front of you
· choose one ( don’t look at it!) and show it to the students (ex: happy)
· ss mime the feeling they see (They smile)
· try to guess the feeling you hold and say it
You can download the flashcards ;
1. Hide the puppet before the lesson
2. When you enter the class, ask them to find it. (you can say “I am sad. I had a friend but I’ve lost it” etc.)
3. Every student takes the puppet one by one ask feelings questions to each other.
P.S: You should prepare this craft before the lesson. It can be just one. But if you want to make it as a group work, you should make more than one.
You should prepare it before lesson. You need;
You can download them below;
1. Group the child.
2. Each group will have one face chart
3. Each student in each group will change the facial expression
4. And make a sentence (I am happy/he is happy etc.)
– facial parts to make the feelings
I guess they are gonna love it! You take all the soapbox in the school, make them new and funny.
And put them back in their places in the bathroom 🙂
Wanna know more crafts about FEELINGS? Visit Helen’s Pinterest account!!!